ANDY ALDAX CARSON RIVER WATERSHED AWARD
Richard Wilkinson has been selected to receive 2019 Andy Aldax Award! Congratulations Rich!
Scroll down to learn more about Rich!
Award Purpose and Scope
In 2007, Carson Water Subconservancy District (CWSD) created the Andy Aldax Award for Exemplary Service in Conservation and Protection of the Carson River Watershed Award to honor Andy Aldax, a CWSD Board member who served from its inception in 1959 through 2012, a total of 53 years! Andy is a life-long resident, farmer, and dairyman in the Carson Valley of northern Nevada and has demonstrated an ongoing dedication to improving his community, as well as the Carson River Watershed.
Previous awards winners are Andy Aldax, Dan Kaffer, Norm and Sue Frey, Linda Conlin, Debbi Waldear, John Cobourn, The Minor Family, Judy Wickwire, Moody and Genie Azad, Pete Livermore, Mark Kimbrough, Juan Guzman, Steve Lewis, Lynn Zonge and Richard Wilkinson. It is time to begin the process of receiving nominations for the 2020 award.
The Carson River runs approximately 184 miles beginning in Alpine County, California and continuing through Douglas County, Carson City, Lyon County, and Churchill County, Nevada. Its watershed encompasses approximately 3,966 square miles. This award recognizes individuals or organizations for significant contributions in promoting and achieving the Carson River Watershed Vision. Please note: This award typically focuses on individual accomplishments; however, outstanding organizational level achievements may also be recognized.
Carson River Watershed Vision
- Achieve healthy sustainable watersheds within the entire Carson River Basin;
- Achieve improved watershed conditions, so all lands and waterways (surface and underground) safely receive, store, and release clean water for the good of all peoples, environments and natural resources of the Carson River Basin;
- Achieve this vision through community led and private/public partnerships for implementation of local and basin wide plans and projects.
Please submit a 1-page narrative specifically outlining how the nominee meets the award criteria outlined below to Catrina Schambra at email@example.com by Thursday, December 5, 2019.
Consideration for this award is based on the following:
- Nominee has demonstrated a commitment to Carson River Watershed conservation activities for 10 years or more;
- Nominee has accomplished activities consistent with the Carson River Watershed Vision Statement (see above); and
- Nominee is a community member, landowner, or an employee of a federal, state or local entity or an organization operating within the Watershed.
CWSD will review the list of nominees and present the award at the January 16, 2020 Board Meeting.