As you may know, in 2007 CWSD created the Andy Aldax Award for Exemplary Service in Conservation and Protection of the Carson River Watershed to honor Andy Aldax, a Carson Water Subconservancy District (CWSD) Board member who served from its inception in 1959 until 2012.
Andy has been a life-long resident, farmer, and dairyman in the Carson Valley of northern Nevada and has demonstrated an ongoing dedication to improving his community, as well as the Carson River Watershed. Previous awards winners are Andy Aldax, Dan Kaffer, Norm and Sue Frey, Linda Conlin, Debbi Waldear, John Cobourn, The Minor Family, Judy Wickwire, and Moody and Genie Azad. It is time to begin the process of receiving nominations for the 2015 award.
This award recognizes individuals or organizations for significant contributions in promoting and achieving the Carson River Watershed Vision. Please note: This award typically focuses on individual accomplishments; however, outstanding organizational level achievements may also be recognized.
Carson River Watershed Vision
- Achieve healthy sustainable watersheds within the entire Carson River Basin;
- Achieve improved watershed conditions, so all lands and waterways (surface and underground) safely receive, store, and release clean water for the good of all peoples, environments and natural resources of the Carson River Basin;
- Achieve this vision through community led and private/public partnerships for implementation of local and basin wide plans and projects.
Consideration for this award will be based on the following criteria (see list of past winners for example):
- Nominee has demonstrated a commitment to Carson River Watershed conservation activities for 10 years or more;
- Nominee has accomplished activities consistent with the Carson River Watershed Vision Statement (see above); and
- Nominee is a community member, landowner, or an employee of a federal, state or local entity or an organization operating within the Watershed.
This is an opportunity to acknowledge an individual’s or an organization’s extraordinary efforts on behalf of our precious watershed. Please send your nominations with a brief narrative (one page maximum) describing how the nominee meets the criteria above. Please send your nominations to Toni Leffler at email@example.com, by November 21, 2014. All nominees will be considered by the CWSD Administrative Committee in early December, with a candidate recommended to the CWSD Board at the December 2014 meeting. The award will be given to the recipient at the CWSD Board meeting on January 21, 2015.
Thank you all for nominating candidates for the Andy Aldax Award 2015.